Answered

How can I sort my customers between "free" and "paying"?

• 29 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Just some clarifications, how do I sort out customers who are FREE & PAYING? Since we have 2 types of customers who are asking about our company. It also differs from our level of support to them. How do I manage inbox wherein FREE customers those who haven’t availed of any plan goes to our FREE inbox and PAYING customers goes straight to our “PAID CUSTOMERS” inbox? And if we want other folders under PAID AND FREE how do we go about this.

icon

Best answer by Evgenia m 29 March 2021, 11:30

View original

7 replies

*Complete details.

Just some clarifications, how do I sort out customers who are FREE & PAYING? Since we have 2 types of customers who are asking about our company. It also differs from our level of support to them. How do I manage inbox wherein FREE customers those who haven’t availed of any plan goes to our FREE inbox and PAYING customers goes straight to our “PAID CUSTOMERS” inbox? And if we want other folders under PAID AND FREE how do we go about this.

Hi Chosen1

One way to do it is to

1. Send a custom attribute from your back end to Intercom, for example attribute name "plan" and attribute values "free", "paid" and "paid_and_free".
  2. Create respective teams.
  3. Set up an assignment rule in Automation. When a user starts a new conversation,
  • IF plan IS free THEN assign to Free team
  • IF plan IS paid THEN assign to Paid team
  • IF plan IS paid_and_free THEN assign to Paid & Free team.

Here is an example of how we use custom attributes to assign users who use Hyperlocal product to Hyperlocal product Inbox:

I hope that helped!

Oops, the image didn't go through. Here it is. image_2021-03-29_11-26-42

Thanks Jane! Can we also use Series on this?

Yes, you'll be able to select these custom attributes in the audience filter settings of any other product - Messages, Bots, Series, etc.

Got it. Thank you so much! 😀

You're welcome :)