Answered

How to interpret Google Analytics events flow with Intercom events?

• 31 March 2021
  • 3 replies

• Connector
  • 6 replies

Hi!

You can find some numbers of the certain event flow from our GA below but what these mean and how they are interpreted? Does 1st event flow mean that there are 840 times certain bot has been triggered in that specific time period? But what do mean those 640 through traffic and 100 final events?

And how about 2nd event flow. Does it mean how many of those the bot has been triggered to have actually viewed the bot? And how is ”viewed” calculated? (And the same question: What is the difference between through traffic and final event)

And what actually is 3rd event flow? Event Category, Action and Label are similar to 1st event flow but the numbers of course are different. How can this 3rd event flow be interpreted?

1st Event flow:

Event Category: Intercom Messenger

Event Action: Triggered Message

Event Label: Custom Bot ID ´145133´

840 Actions

(740 through traffic and 100 final event)

2nd Event flow:

Event Action: Viewed Message

719 Actions

(321 through traffic and 398 Final event)

3rd Event flow:

Event Action: Triggered Message

181 Actions

(159 through traffic and 22 final event)

Hope someone can give a dummy explanation of how to interpret these figures 😂

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 1 April 2021, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @pia​! 👋

The "Through traffic" and "Final events" wording is referring to things specific to Google's Event Flows Report that's described here.

From my understanding, "Through traffic" refers to people who ended up navigating to another part of the site after the Custom Bot was triggered and "Final events" refers to those who didn't end up navigating away and that was their final stop in terms of navigation.

As far as the third event flow that's similar to the first, I'm not sure on the context of that but I wonder if it has to do with different dates or timestamp periods?

I'd recommend contacting our Support team directly in an effort to understand this, as they'll be able to give you a lot more context!

Thank you so much @eric f11​! This already helped to interpret this further. I will contact the support team if I need more helo with this furhter.

Userlevel 1

Glad I could help, @pia​!