Answered

Why are my Hubspot leads being passed from Intercom with the wrong country?

• 31 March 2021
  • 4 replies

The leads created on Hubspot from intercom is being pushed with a wrong country information. Is there any work around as this is super crucial for lead assignment.

I have setup the Hubspot-Intercom integration. Whenever a contact is created on Hubspot from Intercom automatically the country info passed along is wrong and stays as USA all the time.

For example, Intercom has found the country info based on IP for this contact as India:

However, when this contact is auto created in Hubspot the info passed on is USA 😞

Is there any fix for this?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 6 April 2021, 12:32

View original

4 replies

Realised images cannot be inline in the post attaching them.

Hubspot screenshot.

Userlevel 1

Hey @akhilesh s​, apologies for the delay in my reply here! I'd recommend contacting our Support team directly about this, so that they can check logs to determine the cause of this issue.

@eric f11​ I am also seeing a similar issue with my Intercom and Hubspot integration. All of the leads getting sent to Hubspot from Intercom have Ashburn, VA set as their location in Hubspot but in Intercom the location is different.

Do you know if Intercom explicitly sets the IP CITY when they push the lead to Hubspot? According to this Hubspot article if the IP city is not explicitly set when creating the lead through their Forms API, then the city will be set as Ashburn, Virginia.