Answered

Is there any setup to send messages just for online users on specific days?

• 31 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Here in Brazil we have some very considerable amount of holidays.

We'd love to send messages to notify our users over the days we're not working, it would be awesome to set something like: send a chat message for users who are online on a specific date.

Anyone can help me out?

icon

Best answer by Roy 6 April 2021, 17:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user682​, I would recommend that you use message scheduling for this. Here's a guide on how to schedule a message.

Note that this is only possible for outbound messages - you won't be able to automatically reply to inbound conversations with a message.

For holidays, I'd recommend using banner messages - they're super visible and a very easy way to communicate this to your users.

We've put together a full guide on how to alert your customers to your team's changed hours during holidays.

Badge +1

Hi @eric f11​ thanks for the constant help.

I've tried the scheduling, but I couldn't find any filter that select only the users who are online on a specific day.

The closest thing I could think about was the last seen on, but, if I set "Last Seen on apr 10th" for example and today is apr 2nd. Will this filter work just fine?

I saw banner messages, it would be great for this situation but it's for a higher level of signature, it doesn't worth it now to upgrade just to get banners

Userlevel 1

Hey @user682​, apologies for the delay in my reply due to the public holiday in Ireland on April 2nd and 5th.

The scheduling of a message is not determined in the Audience section, but in the Scheduling section. This is available on your current plan. You can specify dates and times during which the message should send. Are you having difficulty finding this section?Screen Shot on 2021-04-06 at 10-24-06

Badge +1

Hi @eric f11​ no worries! It was a holiday here in Brazil as well.

I believe my question wasn't quite clear.

To schedule the message for a specific day is clear, the audience is my problem. Because I don't want to send the message for all the users of my software, the ideia is to show only for those who are online on that day.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user682​ ,

In this case, you should use the Last_seen rule:

Last_seenlast_seen on - Date

I hope this will be helpful.

Badge +1

Thanks @roy s11​ 

I was afraid that the last seen wouldn't work for future dates.