Answered

Is it possible to automatically send an app in a conversation after an action, such as when the conversation is closed?

Badge +1

I'm trying to see if it's possible to automatically send a survey when a conversation is closed.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 November 2021, 18:11

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @cory b​, right now, it's not possible to set it up in Intercom so that a third-party app is sent on a conversation close. Different apps have different functionalities, so I'd recommend reaching out directly to the teams behind any app you're exploring to see if they offer this feature or similar.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

This can only be done if the conversation is entirely handled by a Custom bot.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 004843Or manually by an agent in the conversation.

And this just crossed my mind: it would be nice if a newly introduced Macros could send app as they can do many other things (closing conversation, assigning it to someone, etc...)

Screenshot 2021-04-02 005311 

Badge +1

Hi @eric f11​ - thank you! We're building the app so we'll have full control over the functionality. At this stage I'm trying to sort out what's possible.

Thank you @user382​! That make sense.

Badge +1

And yeah I agree, including an app in the macro could help for this use case. 👍

Hey @cory b​ we just released a new update that allows you to customize what apps are automatically sent to leads or users when conversations end. More information is below, and here is a link to the changelog.

To customize your workflows:

1. Navigate to the Operator > Task Bots > For Users / For Leads area.
  2. Go to the “Ask for conversation rating” section.
  3. Click “Use your own app when closing conversations.”
  4. Choose one from the list of installed applications, or explore the Intercom App Store to install a new app to use. 

This may seem obvious, but you can only use Messenger apps (in other words, apps that can be used inside the Intercom Messenger) for this functionality. I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Badge +1

Hi Mark - Wow, this is fantastic!! Thanks for the update.

Hi,

When using this new feature, which apps are you using or you can suggest (typeform, survicate and so on)?

Also, our support team interacts with users from different countries, does any of the apps within intercom detects the language of the chat and translates to the specific language?

Do you have any other suggestions to this issue?

Thanks

Badge +1

Hey @cs m12​,

I'm a founder at Simplesat so I can recommend our own solution for Intercom.

Simplesat surveys can't detect the language, but you could create multiple surveys for each language and use different audience rules in Intercom based on the browser language or country. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Cory

Hi Cory,

Can we have a call to discuss this point? leaving you my email: m.alejo@stuart.com

Is it possible to automatically trigger browser language surveys when closing chats?

Thanks,

Badge +1

@cs m12​ Absolutely! I'll send you an email now.

I'm looking at the task bot settings deeper now. It doesn't look like we can add audience rules there yet. I was thinking it would be similar to the "Add apps to your Messenger" section.