Answered

Is it possible to update conversation ratings through the API? If not, is it on the roadmap?

• 1 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
Is it possible to update conversation ratings through the API? If not, is it on the roadmap?
icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 1 April 2021, 18:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @cory b​, can you tell me a bit more about your use case here? Conversation ratings are set by the user, not you and your team, so it isn't possible manually update them on your end, either through the UI or the API. I can't imagine it's something that we'll ever ship, either, as we want conversation ratings to be reflective of your customers' experience.

Badge +1

Hey @eric f11​ thanks for this update.

The use case is we have a satisfaction survey app. Ideally, the app could hook into conversation ratings so that Intercom users can still benefit from Intercom's core reporting.

Zendesk only allows end-users to update satisfaction ratings. Our workaround with Zendesk is for our user to create a "fake end-user" and share their credentials with our app. When our app receives a rating, we temporarily update the ticket's requester as the fake end-user, add the satisfaction rating, then switch back to the original requester. It's definitely a hack, but gets the job done.

Userlevel 1

Gotcha, thanks so much for outlining your use case! Give that it's not yet possible to change conversation ratings via the API just yet, you'd need to build your own reporting for your app, as you wouldn't be able to "hack" Intercom's conversation rating reporting in that way yet. I'm going to tag in our @Product Wishlist​ group here to record your product feedback!