Answered

How can I group 'Saved content' and 'macros' together?

• 7 April 2021
  • 4 replies

The macro's are only visible when an email conversation is existing already. When a new email conversation is started by 'us' a different set of saved replies is visible (called saved content). Both are very important. Just wondering if they can be combined in one type of saved reply/macro? 

icon

Best answer by Sam 7 April 2021, 19:47

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

I think Saved Content and Macros are completely detached at the moment. I'd love to see these merged together.

Ahh ok thanks for the info. Yes me too! Also I would like to have a menu where I can manage both of them. Because until know I just can manage the saved content just when I'm opening it. And not like the macros in the settings. Or am I missing something?😅

The odd thing is they shouldn't be...at least not according to the Intercom documentation. According to the article located here: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/206-respond-to-customers-faster-with-macros-formerly-saved-replies - There is a bullet point that says you can use Macros in a number of different locations, one of which is:

"Start new conversations — Macros can now be used when you initiate a new conversation from "contacts". (Unavailable in the Intercom mobile app)"

I read this to mean that as long as I initiate a new conversation from Contacts, I should be able to use the Macro functionality. When I attempt this, and I click what look like the Macros icon (see first screenshot) - the alt text calls it "Saved Content" and it is definitely different than the Macro function. This occurs in the two visible places from Contacts that I can see to initiate a message (see 2nd screenshot).

Saved Content?

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.41.13 PMSend Message locations in Contacts

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 2.45.44 PM 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@user1030​ Huge +1 for this one! And @user386​ wow, I really need to hear what the team says about this one @eric f11​ because that's exactly how it should be or at least give access to both Macros and Saved Content in that space because often you want to start a new message with info from a macro --- right now it feels so disconnected and not useful, my Saved Content is always missing what I want to send and it's not worth updating for how infrequently we use this in our use case.

I could see this being different for different teams so maybe having both available or having categories inside the Macro dropdown to help make it easier to organize right now it's a bit of a tasks to choose naming conventions but search usually does the trick.

I have made a list of wishlist items and fixes for macros but I've been too busy with some projects to come here and post about it --- I might need to just post each one as I experience it instead of trying to put a thorough list together.

I like how you've done that here @sam and @user386​