Answered

How can I target users who are on mobile, but not web?

Trying to find a way to target users that are on mobile, but not using our app.

Can't find a way to target this subset within the numerous targeting options available for Post/Messages.

icon

Best answer by Ryan G11 14 April 2021, 16:07

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @ryan g11​ 👋,

You can use following target options:

Last seen on iOS/Android; Sessions on iOS/Android;

Like: Last seen on iOS/Android was X Week/day ago;

I hope this will be helpful.

That isn't exactly what we're looking for, but it would do in a pinch Roy!

Just to clarify, we're looking to target users who are on mobile, but NOT using our app. Is that specific trigger possible?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If you track app users you could combine Roy's suggestion with that filter. Like: Last seen on iOS 1 day ago and "using_mobile_app" is false.

When you say the users are on mobile, do you mean that they already signed up and therefore have an Intercom ID?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ryan g11​ , Let's just clarify, you are planning to target mobile app users, who doesn't sign-up in your product?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Or is it users that are using the mobile browser to use your site/service instead of the dedicated app?

Thanks for all the thoughts. And yes, will clarify.

Segment: Existing users, they already have an Intercom ID.

Users can use our software via web browser, and for some specific functions we have a dedicated mobile app.

From reviewing LogRocket sessions, there is a small percentage of users who are using a phone web browser (NOT the app) for the functions that the app supports.

We're looking to target these mobile web users in order to drive app adoption to improve their experience.

In terms of the targeting @kevin b​ that is exactly what I'm looking to do, but I don't see "Using_mobile_app" as an option 😶 .

Userlevel 1
Badge

@ryan g11​ 👋,

As I mentioned, how about use Sessions on iOS/Android is 0 ? If they don't use your app, they don't have any session as well.

Same as Roy proposed, you could also use "Last seen on iOS/ Android" to target users that have used the app in the past but stopped for some reason.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@ryan g11​ You would need to create a custom attribute for that. This article explains how you could do it: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/179-send-custom-user-attributes-to-intercom/p>

Very helpful.

Found the answer though after playing some more.

mobile targeting 

Using the "OS" and "Contains" for iOS and Android picked up on the users and screened out those using the app.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks! Worked like a charm for me :)