Answered

Can I create Salesforce tasks from Intercom conversations automatically?

• 9 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there! I'd like to ask what kind of automated rules we could set to send Salesforce tasks automatically? The problem is that if we do it manually during the chat conversation, SF only sends a snippet of the conversation in the task.

The full conversation transfer to SF only as its done automatically. So the question is what kind of solutions there is to trigger the app automatically during conversation as it's handled by the team, so that the whole conversation would transfer to SF? Any tips for this?

icon

Best answer by Roy 9 April 2021, 11:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @sara t​ 👋, I'm suggesting to use Zapier <> Salesforce.

SalesforceIntercomLet me know if you have any questions about this Integration, I will be more than happy to answer.

Thank you Roy! We'll definitely take a closer look into this. Just wondering does the software (Intercom) itself have any ready-made functionalities, like rules, macros etc. that would trigger the app automatically during chat-conversation with the team?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@sara t​ , May I ask? Is conversation sending is turn-on in your Intercom <> Salesforce integration settings? That integration should include whole conversation.

Please, take a look at the following article: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/1047309-salesforce-app#4-send-conversations-from-intercom-to-salesforce-as-tasks/p>

Thank you Roy. There's no need to create tasks of every conversation - only about potential new customers. So we're wondering, is it possible to create automation so that as the customer writes for example his/her email to our chat agent, intercom would trigger SF app automatically and create a task with the whole conversation? It might be some other attribute also which triggers the app, company name for example.

My colleague had already talked with Intercom support team and they gave following answer:

"Our SF app handles updating SF tasks for Intercom conversations in two ways - automatically or manually.

When doing this automatically, the task is updated with the conversation when the conversation is first created and when it's closed.

When doing it manually, we only send a snippet of the conversation in the task - and we include the conversation link if you wanted to read more. 👍

If you wanted to have the full conversation in SF when using the manual method, this isn't possible."

Userlevel 1
Badge

@sara t​ , Thank you for clarifying, so helpful.

In this case, you should use Zapier (or similar tools) to archive this goal.

Let me know if you need help, I can record some video tutorial for you about this case.

Thanks Roy! This was really helpful 🙂 I also noticed that if we turn-on that conversation sending in Intercom (so that every conversation transfers), we could use some intercom qualification data to organize all sales lead in the right place in Salesforce. This could be an option also.