Answered

How can we duplicate messages and still have the inserted app at the initial state?

• 12 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi team,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but doesn't looks like the correct behavior to me. So, we're building the integration with Intercom utilizing the Canvas Kit.

We followed the tutorial on your site but found 1 quirk when trying to duplicate a message that contains the app. The state seems to share across different messages for the same user.

To illustrate the problem,

• I first create a new message with app inserted and target only myself (for testing).
  • When I log in as a target user I can see the app and I can interact with the app. Which cause the canvas to change
  • I now duplicate that message. I could event modify the content a bit, but leave the inserted app untouched. And send the message.
  • After I refresh my app (with the same user) I got a new message but the canvas state remained the same as the previous message. But I expect to be able to interact with the canvas.

Hope you can shed some light on this. But this doesn't looks like the behavior I'm expecting.

The use case was probably when our users is using our app they could have insert that in their message and duplicate the message to send another message and for the same users they wouldn't be able to interact with the app on the new messages, unless our users create a new message not using the duplicate feature.

icon

Best answer by Roy 12 April 2021, 13:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @user1062​ 👋,

Just test this out, it's seems there is a bug 😎 @Intercom Bug Reports​ .

@roy s11​ Thanks for the update!