Answered

Hi, Are there workarounds for formatting RTL languages correctly in an English-only Help Center?

• 14 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,
Are there workarounds for formatting RTL languages correctly in an English-only Help Center?
icon

Best answer by Kevin Bendixen 14 April 2021, 09:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@user954​ I don't understand the question. Why is it an English-only Help Center if you want to display RTL languages? Why not localize your articles?

@kevin b​ hi, we just started out and have decided to focus our efforts in the next 6 months (at least..) on creating content in English. But, we have release notes in Hebrew that we need to publish there and we want them aligned correctly, i.e. the bullets, periods, etc. We also thought in the direction of hiding the language control (posted a separate question about this), which could also work, since it would leave the RNs in the Hebrew 'hemisphere' of the knowledge base [resulting in correct alignment], without customers knowing that there's a separate area in the KB for articles in Hebrew.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@user954​ Not 100% sure this would work, because I haven't tried, but how about this: You create the localized KB (as you already did). In the Hebrew KB you only create a section for Release Notes and don't translate any of the other English articles. That way, when a user switches to Hebrew they only see release notes and no other articles. Then if they switch to English they see all the other articles. Let me know if that works or if I should explain a little further.

thanks @kevin b​ -- tried it out and am now checking with the powers that be if that'll be an acceptable solution if hiding the language control isn't possible.