Answered

How to get responses from the Custom Bot to be sent to a webhook?

• 17 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi our use case is we want to use WhatsApp with Intercom for automated two-way messaging. We have set up octopods and we can receive WhatsApps from a mobile number in our Intercom Inbox. How do we use our existing custom bot to receive the WhatsApps in our Inbox and respond but the response goes to a Webhook. We will accept the Webhook in another program and convert the response into a format that WhatsApp can accept and then send a WhatsApp via the Conversations API back to the mobile number. This way we can automate responses to conversations programmatically.

icon

Best answer by Milan 19 April 2021, 12:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @mohamed e11​, I don't think it's possible to do what this Connector wants, simply because our Custom Bots aren't exposed to our API. Do you know of any other way, using Octopods, to achieve what this Connector is looking to do?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @hillel​ !

As Eric suggested, Intercom bots are not exposed to API (unfortunately) but there is a solution for your need with some other 3rd party services integrated with Intercom.

I had a case where WhatsApp was connected to the Intercom via Octopods and then that was handled by IBM Watson acting as an agent in Intercom. @mohamed e11​ knows about this too, he helped on the Octopods side 🙂

Badge +1

Thanks for helping out here @eric f11​ and @user382​! 😍 As Milan mentioned, he has experience in setting something like this up for one of our customers, and it seems to work pretty well. I would recommend him as the go-to person to help put it all together.

HI @user382​ 

Would it be posible to contact you to work on the set up for this topic? I already integrated Intercom with WAB via Octopods. But now, I want those conversations to be handled by a Bot or at least to have some options and 'filter' them out before transfering them to a real agent. Do you have any documentation on IBM Watson? Thanks!