Answered

What are best practices in aggregating questions asked after reading a help article via automation?

• 21 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to create a conversation topic to collect conversations that came from our help articles? Or, is there a way using another automation to update a conversation data field which then could be added to conversation topic?

I just built a Current Page URL -> Conversation Tag automation, but it doesn't tag past conversations, so I'd like to figure out how to use the conversation topics to aggregate these if it's possible.  

I built a conversation topic that searches for the message "sorry that didn't have the answer you needed If you'd like, you can ask the team for help" since that's what the bot sends, but it only picks up that phrase in rare instances when someone replies via email to this message, as then the bot message is contained within their message... (I guess the bot is not a teammate so it doesn't pick this up when it's presented in the chat from the Sad Face at the bottom of each article).

The problem I'm trying to solve is to identify questions asked after reading a help article. The team I work with is new to the practice of manually adding tags to conversations, so I prefer to build in tag automations.

Perhaps there's a clever way to aggregate those already-asked Help Center-inspired questions I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 21 April 2021, 23:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @erne​ 👋,

Q - Perhaps there's a clever way to aggregate those already-asked Help Center-inspired questions I'm not thinking of?

A - How about going to the article edit page and see the incoming conversations from there?

ArticlesI know that sometimes people can start conversations from the Collection page or even directly from the help center main page but it's not currently possible to filter past conversations with the Source URL. 😥

For new ones you can for sure use tag automation.

I hope this helps, Let me know if you have more questions about this topic.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is also @Product Wishlist​ request to allow users search conversations based on Channel and Source;

The current conversation search capability is very limited in Intercom:

conversatonsearch

Thank you! I'd forgotten about that capability within the individual articles. I'm happy to hear further conversation search capability is already on the list :)

Another request for the @Product Wishlist​ inspired by this new-to-me information is to be able to sort the list of articles in the overview by the # of conversations started, or ratings, etc. :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

You can already sort the articles by number of conversations started and negative reactions via the reports.

Reports → Customer Support → Articles