Answered

webhook events for company and contact udpates

• 22 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello Team, I am using intercom webhook events to process the changes to objects.

However, there is no topic for contact.updated or company.updated, https://developers.intercom.com/building-apps/docs/webhook-model

Without these topics, we have to run jobs to fetch the updates. Is there an alternate solution, or i am missing something

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 26 April 2021, 11:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @team c12​, right now, we don't support company or contact updates as webhook objects. The primary reason for this is that updates to companies and contacts would create a lot of notifications and would most likely see you hit by rate limiting.

You can still query contact and company data through the API, or even use the Search Contacts API with the updated_at attribute to query for recent updates.

Thank you for the reply.

I can use the search api for contacts, but unfortunately there is no search api for company. All i could see is list and scroll.

Is there any suggestion for fetching all companies based on created_at /updated_at timestamp

Userlevel 1

Currently, it is only possible to make a call to our Retrieve a company endpoint using the company_id.