Answered

Intercom Android has no update when new message comming.

• 23 April 2021
  • 7 replies

• New Participant
  • 4 replies

I'm developing android app using intercom (React native android). Currently I'm facing problem that's intercom doesn't update for new message comming. Only update when I open conversation from launcher or kill the app and open again. Please help

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 26 April 2021, 11:43

View original

7 replies

Update: I'm checking logcat, everything is ok but this message:

"Intercom realtime: No realtime endpoints present so we can't connect"

Update2: while using "Intercom.setLogLevel(Intercom.LogLevel.VERBOSE);" I found that it cannot open socket . any one know this issues??

D/Intercom realtime: notifying listeners that a connection failed to open

Userlevel 1

Hey @minh​, that's expected behaviour. A new message will only be triggered when the app sends an update/event to Intercom, or if the outbound message has push notifications enabled. I'd suggest that you enable push on Intercom and send outbound messages with push notifications enabled 👍

Thank you very much Eric

Also, event for unread message doesn't get call for new message coming. Is that expected too ?

Userlevel 1

Hey @minh​, apologies for the delay in my reply, I was waiting for clarification from our Support team and I also was out of office!

The simple answer is that I can't say for certain what is expected or unexpected behaviour if you're trying to integrate with React Native, as we don't officially support this. You'd likely need to reach out to the creator of whichever React repo/wrapper you're using with any questions.

Userlevel 1

Hey @minh​, just as a heads up - Intercom now has an official React Native SDK! You can read more about this here.