Answered

Has anyone ever tried to create a custom Help Center?

• 28 April 2021
  • 5 replies

• Connector
  • 5 replies

I want to make a custom version of the Help Center because Intercom's doesn't suit my needs, but the problem we're facing is that Intercom's article API doesn't allow for query parameters, making it way harder than it should for us to enable a search functionality.

Has anyone been able to overcome this?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 4 May 2021, 10:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @ugo​, you're correct that you can't include a query in any call to our Articles API, it's only possible to retrieve an article by ID.

I'm curious as to why the Help Center doesn't suit your needs - what do you feel is lacking here?

Hi, @eric f11​ 

Because my product grew in complexity and the lack of flexibility in how to configure the Help Center hinders us a lot when trying to provide an optimal self-service experience. Hence we decided to come up with our own solution (while using Intercom's articles).

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the clarification, @ugo​. Apologies for the delay in my reply, I was out of office. I've only ever come across customers using the Articles API to update or amend articles in bulk, or translate them to other languages - as you've pointed out, certain limitations in our API would likely prevent you from using it to build your own custom help center.

I think we'll be able to overcome this even with the limitations imposed. Stay tuned ;)

Userlevel 1

If you do, would you feel comfortable sharing how you did it? It would be amazing for other Connectors to learn from your experience 🙌