Answered

Can I open a specific conversation using the Javascript API?

• 29 April 2021
  • 8 replies

We are handling a review process via Intercom, ie. users request a review, we automatically create a conversation and then all discussions about the review should be done inside this specific conversation. now we want to add a button that opens the conversation but I only see a way to create a new conversion or list all open conversations, but I don't see an API call to open a specific conversation (even when its closed).

ie. something like Intercom('showConversation', 123)

icon

Best answer by Sam 2 May 2021, 12:36

View original

8 replies

Badge +1

Hi Lukas!

This is not possible I’m afraid. Though this would be nice to have @Product Wishlist​ 

FWIW - This is a feature we are really missing in the react native api too. Is there anywhere I can upvote or see discussions/progress on feature requests like this?

Badge +1

Intercom does not have a public roadmap. You'll need to look out for it on https://intercom.com/changesas this is where updates on Intercom products are posted.

Thanks @user1030​ can you give me any indication as to if this feature is being considered for implementation? I'm currently reviewing Intercom's fit for our business and unfortunately this is a bit of a show stopper for us. It's a real shame because everything else looks great

Thanks

Badge +1

I'm afraid I don't have this information for you Parker. I don't work for Intercom, I'm just here to share my extensive knowledge of the product.

This is something that @eric f11​ might be able to tell you though.

I'd like to see added to the API personally. 👍

Ah sorry, new here and thought you were an employee! Cheers for the help :D

Badge +1

No problem! Intercom Employees are indicated by the (Intercom Employee) on their mentions. 😊

Stay safe!

Userlevel 1

Hey @user1030​, thanks so much for tagging me in here! @dan p12​, this is not something which we currently have scoped for development, but I'd be happy to record your feature request via our @Product Wishlist​ group (no action required on your end!)

It's easy to confuse Sam for an Intercom employee - they're so knowledgable and super helpful! One of our community superstars ⭐️