Answered

Is there a way to list archived contacts?

• 29 April 2021
  • 1 reply

We're syncing our customer's Intercom contacts to our system, and when they archive their contacts we want to know which contact we need to update on our system. Is this possible?

Edit April 30

After some testing. I think it's the other way around. If customers archive their user user.deleted event will be called. But again, if they archive more than 1 user (I tested archiving 2 users), the webhook event will never arrive. Also, if I permanently delete user data, no webhook will ever deliver. Then my question would change to is there a way to know a user has been deleted on Intercom or know if multiple users have been archived?

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 8 June 2022, 12:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey there! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

I tested the above, and I was able to get the webhook to fire when archiving multiple users via the UI (one notification was sent for each archival), as well as for the permanent deletion of a user. I appreciate that this question was asked more than a year ago, so it is possible that this is something that has been updated since then. For other users who may see this thread, just know that it is possible to track the archival and permanent deletion of any number of contacts 😁