Answered

Can I set office hours for individual teammates?

Badge

How can I set the office hours for each separate MEMBER OF THE TEAM so the messages automatically gets assigned to their inbox based on the timetable? We are on Accelerate plan, yet I don't see how to do this still.

icon

Best answer by Sam 2 May 2021, 12:22

View original

12 replies

Badge +1

This is not possible without using different office hours for every teammate, and likely making a team for every teammate.

Would it not be more effective to create one team, and then just instruct your teammates to go on “Away” outside of their office hours?

Badge

@user1030​ It's not perfect because I'm relying on my own support reps to manually set them as AWAY and ONLINE when their shifts are on. I need to be able to automate this. Not to mention that replies to existing convos for the AWAY conversations will land up in the TEAM folder and not inside the support rep's folder. Further polluting the tracking KPI's (median response time, time to close etc...). There has to be a more graceful solution for this one...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @andrija​ ,

As @user1030​ mentioned, it's not currently possible to set office hours for each team member separately.

I​ totally understood your use case, that you need to set away status manually.

During a month ago, I requested feature in @Product Wishlist​ group, feature that will allow us to set team working hours and automatically set them away based on this time.

You can also request this feature and someone from Intercom product team will catch this feedback.

I​ hope this will be helpful

Badge

Thanks @roy s11​ , I've set this by setting different team office hours for each member of the team and creating a separate team for each one of them. Can you please confirm that there's no way of me automating the AWAY/ONLINE status for the customer reps as well and that they will still need to manually change their status when their shift is on?

Is there some API for this that I can pass to the devs to build a bespoke solution on top of it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @andrija​ ,

At this moment you can only change team member status automatically via API.

More information about this topic can be found here.

Badge

Hey @roy s11​ , just one follow up question if you don't mind. Can you please let me know if it's possible to somehow make the default assignee folder for the inbound conversations when no rules are met to be the team which is currently during the office hours? Instead of being able to choose only one team as hardcoded, can we have a dynamic field that it gets assigned to the team which is currently during the working hours? Talking about this one here.

Badge

This is the image which wasn't pasted aboveUntitled

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @andrija​ , Sorry for the late reply, If I get you correctly you want to select different lowest priority rules filtred by the working hour?

Badge

Yes @roy s11​ , I need a dynamic value for this one so we can assign the online team as the default assignee. Is that possible somehow?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@andrija​ , How about create two separate rules?

1) During Working Hour:

Working Hour 

2) Outside Working Hour:

Outside3) This will show in rules like this:

List Rules 

Is this what you are looking for?

Looking Forward,

Best,

Roy

Badge

Hey @roy s11​ , thanks for sticking with me on this one. Yes, this is exactly what I have already done for the team.

However, the problem arises through the usage of custom bots. Custom bot branching can only assign the final conversation branch to ONE team. Generally, we're using custom bots to differentiate between whether the conversation will end up in SALES team, or will end up with the CS team (where I have 3 different teams created).

So, if it falls with the CS team, I'm not able to specify that it needs to land in the folder of the team who is currently online if that makes sense 🙂 Instead, I can only specify the assignment rules for the CS team folder, which can be set to MANUAL, ROUND ROBIN or BALANCED. Out of these 3, ROUND ROBIN method works for us, BUT only if other CS reps manually set themselves as away (and didn't forget to do that).

One other solution would be putting the feature in place where support reps (or all team members) are automatically set as away if their team is outside of working hours.

Hopefully I'm making sense here

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @andrija​ , Once again sorry for the late reply =(

How about make two separate custom bots and schedule them based on different hours?

custombotOne custom bot during working hour to Sales Team / Second bot outside working hour - CS Team.

BTW - Scheduling is also available for bot from new conversation;

I hope this will resolve your issue, If there any further question let me know.