Answered

How can I stop automated responses adding this email into the conversation?

Screenshot 2021-05-06 at 13.03.41

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 10 May 2021, 10:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @natalyaโ€‹, this guide will show you how to remove these kinds of email addresses from group conversations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@eric f11โ€‹ย Could this be expanded to ignore the "from" email address and use the recipient as the way Intercom associates an email if it's an email to a user? We have a unique case where we're currently sending some email to Intercom from our own address but it's to the user. I'd love if Intercom like Zendesk could basically ignore the team address it's come from and associate it with the user as if Intercom was sending it (like you do with outbound messages from within the system).

ย 

This would help a lot because right now it adds our business email address to the thread and all the merge tags and other features don't work. This would allow a teammate to forward in an email that they receive without hassle which doesn't work very smoothly right now or hasn't in the past.

ย 

ย 

Thanks for the consideration, if you need more info on this let me know. Eventually we plan to pass these messages via the API but it's just not going to make the priority list right now so something like this would be so helpful for several reasons.

ย 

Userlevel 1

Hey @nathan s11โ€‹ย as a matter of curiosity, are these emails being added to conversations even though you've also added these addresses to the "ignore" list?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@eric f11โ€‹ย Yes, that's exactly what's happening -- it becomes a group conversation with the email that's on the ignore list and the user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Happy to send an example via chat support if that's helpful

Userlevel 1

Yep, that would be very helpful indeed! Let me know when you've opened the conversation and I'll pick it up 👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Done!โ€‹