Answered

Does Intercom have any services outages right now - specifically with the messenger?

I have been running Intercom on my website for a few years and this morning I noticed that the messenger box is no longer appearing anywhere on the website. The last user enquiry was submitted 5hrs ago. I don't see any service outages.

I have sent a message via the messenger on the Intercom dashboard, but they say it could be 2 days before I get a reply, so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same issue.

When I go to the Network tab of Chrome DevTools I can see there is one resource that isn't being loaded (it gets stuck at pending for 5 mins, which is presumably the timeout) and then spawns another network request.

Here's an example of the network request

```

1. Request URL: wss://nexus-websocket-a.intercom.io/pubsub/5-LCGg-A6YMCL8QXsrrbVFfgR1FUwmvNkg3nphXpLQx8Ox2PZa9mayqXReAk_MrS4Yf_JY3-Nyu9I3bMuh_LFFi9mQN7uIRuckXXXX?X-Nexus-New-Client=true&X-Nexus-Version=0.8.1&user_role=undefined
  2. Request Method: GET
  3. Status Code: 101 Switching Protocols

```

icon

Best answer by Roy 6 May 2021, 14:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @user1164​ 👋,

From my end Intercom working perfectly and there is no any service outages 😕

Can you share a web-site address? I will take a look

Thanks @roy s11​ I'm so confused about why it would have stopped working - nothing changed on the code side of things....

here's a URL: https://www.nownovel.com/start-writing-a-book/p>

Here's another link where I can see the intercom code is loaded even when I'm not logged in: https://www.nownovel.com/develop-finish-your-book

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user1164​ ,

Please go to the messenger settings -> Control your inbound conversation volume and turn following options on:

intercomturnon 

Let me know if you have any further question about this topic.

Have a great day.

Thanks @roy s11​ I turned on the first option for Users and Visitors and the button is now popping up. I guess one of our admins must have turned the option off

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user1164​ , To avoid such problems in the future, you should restrict messenger customization for your team mates.

Here's the helpful article about this topic:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/176-permissions-how-to-restrict-access-for-some-teammates/p>

Good to know that this helped, have a great day ☀️

Thanks @roy s11​ what's very weird is that even though I toggled those top two options off again now, I am still seeing the message icon at the bottom left and I'm still able to view my archived conversations. I can't start new conversations, but I am allowed to reply to the archived conversations, which makes sense looking at the second option. Previously I couldn't load the message box at all - the button to pop it open was not loading. It seems that toggling those options reset something on Intercom's side and I'm now back to where I was. It's really strange, but at least it's working, so I won't complain. Thanks again for the help

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user1164​ , first of all sorry, the second option I marked incorrectly in the screenshot (Prevent replies after conversation gets closed).

Keep in mind that these settings are for Visitors and for Users - so once you had a problem, this option may be disabled for visitors only.

visitors.users