Answered

Roundrobin + away and reassign

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello everyone. I encounter quite an annoying thing during the latest automation checkup. Roundrobin does its job only for the new conversations, which makes it not that useful as a tool.

Example

I have a specific queue (team) to which specific dialogues getting assigned. After that, they distributed between the online agents using the roundrobin feature. 

1) During the day, agents A and B are online, working with the new dialogues etc. Closing them once the case is solved or the ball is on the user's end. We allow users to return to the old dialogue since often it is a more convenient option for the user rather than start the new dialogue.

2) Agents A and B shifts are over, they set "Away and Reassign status".

3) Agent C is on the shift now. 

4) If any of the customers that agents A or B talked to will return to the previous conversation, the Messenger will set the agent to "Unassign" and that's it.

----------------------

As a result, agent C should not just work with the conversations, that assigned to him. He also needs to constantly check the general queue (team) because from time to time some users will return to the old conversations and will be dropped there without any processing. Even though we have an agent online that is a part of that queue.

This makes this whole team-automation etc quite useless if you want to close dialogues (take them off the agent's table), but allow users to return to the conversation.

The solution would be to check the available agent in the team and assign any conversation that changed the agent from "someone" to "unsigned".

Are there any workarounds to this?

If no, I would consider this a pretty major flaw to this close+automation+roundrobin combo. Or maybe even a bug of the roundrobin approach.

@Product Wishlist​ 

icon

Best answer by Roy 6 May 2021, 23:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @denis t​  👋, It's not the first post about this topic, here is the old one.

I totally agree with you, however as you see in the previews post its normal behavior.

Q - Are there any workarounds to this?

A - Yes, using the Balance assignment can fix this problem.

I hope this will be helpful.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Oh, that is good news. Thank you.

However, it is still rather a strange situation. We have 2 assignment algorithms, and they have different outcomes. That's understandable. 

What I cannot wrap my head around is when the algorithm is starting to work. Staring trigger should be the same for any algorithm - conversation got to the team/queue and doesn't have an agent - apply the algorithm=start the assignment. I'm ok with the roundrobin outcome and to whom the conversations are assigned, and I would like to work with it.

Too bad that the user needs to upgrade the payment plan just to get the stuff that should have been working with the roundrobin in the first place. I hope that this is something that can be considered as an adjustment in the future.