Answered

I simply want to send an automated response email to Users who have waited longer than X minutes. What's the best way to do this?

I simply want to send an automated response email to Users who have waited longer than X minutes. What's the best way to do this?
icon

Best answer by Roy 13 May 2021, 19:11

View original

5 replies

Badge

Hello @romel​ 👋, Welcome to Interconnect ✨

The best way to do this is to tag conversations via the Automation rule:

mailreplyThen use third-party tools like Zapier to send the e-mail:

tagconversationsI hope this will be helpful, let me know if you have any further questions about this topic.

I'm not sure I understand the answer to the question. It seemed like Romel wanted to send an email to a customer, not just tag the conversation. What am I missing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@zach b​ You probably didn't click on "Expand post". Roy mentioned, that you can use this tag to trigger an email afterward.

@romel​ If I remember correctly Intercom is also working on bringing this new rule setting to email soon-ish. Then you wouldn't have to use Zapier.

@kevin b​ It's true, I didn't expand post, but I'm glad that I didn't because I got to see your suggestion too! 🙂

For both your's and Roy's response, it seems like it's sending another email thread to the customer. Is that right?

If so, that's not ideal in either case because it's a separate thread, and if a customer replies back later to the auto-response then it's a different thread - like what you see in the screenshot attached here.

This is a pretty significant gap in Intercom's feature set.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.25.55 AM

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@zach b​ You are right, both solutions would send a new email, thus creating a new conversation thread. You could probably use Intercoms API to reply to the initial email by the customer, but I'm not a developer, so I couldn't tell exactly how to do that.