Answered

Is it possible to open the messenger after a user clicks a button, but have a specific article from the help center already loaded in?

• 16 May 2021
  • 6 replies

I would like to have the ability to have a few simple question mark icons available on my site, when clicked, they would load specific articles from our help center within the messenger window. The goal is to deep link specific articles in the messenger.

I've seen other chat bots provide this functionality but haven't found a way to do this with Intercom (happy to use the JavaScript API if needed).

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 17 May 2021, 20:35

View original

6 replies

Badge

Hello @shanif​ 👋,

Such option is only available for mobile apps via Intercom SDK, However, there is no option to open the specific articles for the Web via Javascript API.

Workaround:

You can trigger the bot from the button and attach the article in the reply:

bot from the new conversation 

You should also request "presentArticle" option in Javascript API @Product Wishlist​.

I hope this will be helpful , let me know if you have any further question about this topic.

Hi Roy, thanks so much for answering, appreciate that!

Hi Roy, any plan to make that available on the Web ?

It seems the responses here is outdated. It is possible to have a help article open within the messenger using the javascript API, using this function and passing an article ID:

Intercom('showArticle', 1305116)

@Emanuel Do you know how to identify the articles number? 

@Emanuel Do you know how to identify the articles number? 

Yes, an article’s ID is the number that’s in the article’s URL.