Answered

Setting up default apps and settings for teammates

Currently, our teammates find they must re-set up certain areas of the Intercom whenever they use Intercom (this may be related to their seats being turned off and on each time). This is annoying for them because they need to reconfigure certain parts of the right-hand sidebar, like toggling the "Latest Conversations" box to display, and setting up the Customer Details box to display relevant fields.

Is there a way to create a "Default View" so they don't need to reconfigure it every time?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 24 May 2021, 11:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user975​, there's no way to set up a default view for Inbox apps for teammates yet. This would be a feature request for our @Product Wishlist​ group, so I'm going to tag it in here to record this.

However, I'm curious as to your use case for turning seats on and off, can you tell me a little more about this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I would love to see this as well, when I add someone I want them to have the same default starting point that we use for all the team --- maybe having some default templates that could be configured and allow people to customize as needed.

Thanks!

Hi @eric f11​ , thanks for the reply and for tagging it as a feature request for me!

As for turning seats on/off: our use of Intercom is a bit different from others. We have a Support team that provides support for general questions, but also deliver online tests at scheduled dates/times. For those tests, we have another rotating team of contractors that joins us only for certain tests. Thus, we turn on their seats only for the tests they are scheduled to help us support, and then turn them off afterwards so they no longer have access to Intercom.

I hope that helps, but I'm happy to explain further or chat more if you have ideas.

Userlevel 1

Gotcha, so it sounds like each team of contractors uses a set of "contractor profiles", for which you'd like to have a pre-established setup?

Essentially, but the pre-established setup would be useful for any new team members, really. Like what Nathan mentioned before, being able to have a "default" set-up that we can customize would useful.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for expanding on the "job to be done" for me here!