Answered

How can remove duplicate replies when a client replies via email the incorrect way?

• 24 May 2021
  • 1 reply

We are having an issue with our clients responding to the email that is generated from the chat and it creating a new chat from that email. Best I can tell they are responding to the firstname.lastname@xxxx.intercom.com we can switch to it looking like our domain I see but that does not address the issue and would rather just force us to look at our email inbox as well. Is there any other customization that we can do so clients that reply by email are replying directly to the chat and not creating a new chat that we have to go and look for.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 28 May 2021, 11:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hey @calvin h​, are you certain that it's because the customers are replying directly to this address? I've seen this happen in the past, too, because certain email clients strip the "reply-to" address from the reply (the reply-to address instructs Intercom to thread the replies), which leads to the behaviour you've outlined.

I'd recommend contacting our support team directly about this, as they'll be able to help you investigate the raw email data and see what might be causing this.