Answered

Can we create custom attributes which can hold multiple values

• 3 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I had a use case where we need to report the video activities watched by the user.

I was using the custom attributes to save the video activities.

The custom attribute I created was video_view with a datatype of list.

Now every time a user watches a video I update the list attribute with a new video name and then update the video_view (custom attribute) value to this video name in the lead data.

Now the issue is, if 2 videos are watched by the lead we would have to add 2 values to video_view(custom attribute) but the list attribute can only store 1 video name at a time whereas the user watched 2 videos.

So I was thinking of custom attribute which can have multiple values.

If there is any better approach let me know.

Also why I am using custom attribute is because operator on the Intercom can easily filter out the user based on the video name.

If possible can we have an object type in custom_attribute so that we can store further details in the same attribute?

icon

Best answer by Roy 4 June 2021, 01:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @storyxpress​ ,

Custom attributes for collecting overall information about customers, like how many videos customer watched.

To collect Video names or any other customer activity you should send Intercom events. More information about event can be found here.

To better understand the difference between customer attribute and events, please take a look at the following article.

I hope this will be helpful, let me know if there any further questions more than happy to help.

Thank you @roy s11​ , this looks a good solution for my usecase.