Answered

Events creation not happening on leads using Intercom API, also how to filter user on events metadata?

Hello everyone,

I was trying events creation API on postman and have correct recently created a lead from the lead API.

The lead API successfully created a lead with the provided details, and I tried adding an event to this user, this event API gave 404 error user was not found.

I also tried this event creation on the leads that were captured from the conversation message & also tried it with manually added leads created on the Intercom platform but still the event API was returning 404 error.

But this event creation is successfully happening on users that were earlier leads.

The API call returned 200 and I can also see the event addition on the platform.

Screenshot from 2021-06-04 18-15-10Pic: Events addition failed and says user not found

Screenshot from 2021-06-04 18-15-01Pic: Lead is present in Intercom

Screenshot from 2021-06-04 18-17-39Pic: Adding event on leads works perfectly

My question was is there some limitation on the lead's side from the backend of Intercom, which stops adding events in lead?

If not then what's the correct way of doing it.

Also, I wanted to know how can we apply a filter on this new event, the filter I can use on events is filtering users by the count of events that occurred.

But I would like to filter users by the events and events metadata. I earlier tried tags but tags don't store metadata of event, that's why I picked events type.

I have implemented this same feature in Hubspot, they have this custom activity that can store metadata, and also filter users based on these metadata, is there a similar feature that Intercom offers or planning to add in the future?

icon

Best answer by Roy 6 June 2021, 13:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @storyxpress​ 👋,

In your case, I'm suggesting using Contact ID instead of email or User_id.

{
"event_name" : "placed-order",
"created_at": 1622978709,
"id": "6001c136456cba5b5f4e6d59",
"metadata": {
"order_date": 1392036272,
"stripe_invoice": "inv_3434343434",
"order_number": {
"value":"3434-3434",
"url": "https://example.org/orders/3434-3434quot;
},
"price": {
"currency":"usd",
"amount": 2999
}
}
}

Let me know if you have any further question about this topic = )

Always happy to help.

Best,

Roy

Thank you so much @Roy 🦄​ , this solved the problem.

Hey @roy s11​ what about the event metadata filter for the users, should i use tag for this purpose.

Lets say people order a certain item and I want to see who all people have ordered the same product.

So I would like a filtering on productId.

Is this possible? if not then when would it be taken in pipeline and we can use it?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @storyxpress​ ,

That's a good question, at this time it's not possible to filter customers based on event metadata.

You can request this feature in @Product Wishlist​ group.

Sure I will post a request over there