Answered

Clearing the messenger "cache"? (or user?)

• 6 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I'm embedding the messenger code for logged in users, but refreshing the page where it's embedded doesn't always change the messenger -

For example, the user's name stays the same even after changing the code and showing it differently.

It seems like editing the welcome message on the messenger and saving sometimes help, but mostly I can't seem to refresh it.

I'm not sure if it's a cache, or if Intercom saves the user's name the first time and won't update it on refresh.

Is there a way to flush the cache - or to flush the user?

(I'm using my own logged in user to test, which Intercom seems to recognize as my own intercom user so I can't delete it).

icon

Best answer by Roy 6 June 2021, 18:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

@user1140​ , As I mentioned in my previous reply, there is no option to clear cache from the Intercom side.

Sometimes update take some minutes, but Javascript API changes are showing instantly.

Can you try to run Intercom code in some test environment like https://jsfiddle.net/?

Badge +1

Thanks, though this might be better to solve separately incase someone in the future will look for this.

The Intercom code will work in JSFiddle for sure, what I'm experimenting is PHP on my side. But in order to test my changes, I need to refresh the page, and the changes are not reflected.

JS fiddle doesn't help as I can't run my PHP code in there.

Hi @user1140​ 👋

Do you have a Dev or Test workspace environment? It would be great if you could try this outside of PHP and see if you experience the same behaviour.

This article explains how to set up a Test workspace. If you're looking to create a workspace to test development work like our REST API, building an app, etc., you can follow this link here and then create a DEV workspace by following the below. 

One thing to note is that DEV workspaces have restrictions in place on certain Intercom features, as highlighted below:

48620717-f46ec100-e998-11e8-9cde-7bed9d399c47