Answered

Can I slow down the speed that custom bot bubbles appear to the customer?

• 7 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

i.e. If I have one path, with a message that is split into 3 bubbles, can I delay how fast each of the 3 bubbles shows? they display too quickly and customers often miss the info in the first bubble, esp. on mobile.

icon

Best answer by Roy 7 June 2021, 14:44

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @lamint​ ,

You can delay outbound message from here:

Time Delay

Badge +1

Thanks for the answer @roy s11​ , but does that not refer to when the response is triggered? ie. if a customer has been on the page for 30 sec, then trigger the answer? I am asking if a customer has entered the custom bot flow- and in one of our answers in the flow, we have three bubbles, I want the first bubble to show, wait ten sec. then the next, then wait, then the last- so the customer isn't bombarded with all answers/doesn't miss the top options.

(see sample text in image)sample bot with 3 bubbles

Userlevel 1
Badge

@lamint​ , Oh... Sorry, Right now I got your question.

As far as I know, it's not possible to delay custom bot messages 😞 You can suggest this feature in @Product Wishlist​ group.

However, In this case, suggesting using bot replies to offer additional help:

Answerbot

Hi @lamint​ 👋

This is a really cool idea! 👌 We don't have the option to delay Custom Bot's replies right now, but like Roy said you can suggest this feature in @Product Wishlist​ group.

Any update on this feature? Last message is from one year ago, I was wondering if anything has been implemented in the meantime…

We need to delay a bit the messages from the chatbot to make the experience smoother and more natural.

Thank you!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Caterina Greco @LaMint 

Actually there is something new, you can add Wait but the minimal time is 1minute :(

It does not accept 0.1 minute, and I was thinking that we can trick it that way :)  

@Caterina Greco @LaMint 

Actually there is something new, you can add Wait but the minimal time is 1minute :(It does not accept 0.1 minute, and I was thinking that we can trick it that way :)

Thank you, Milan!

What a shame :( 

A delayed response less than a minute would be great.

A workaround we have used to avoid a customer getting bombarded with a reply that is too long or has too many bubbles, is to use a button prompt. So that the customer will click it after reading the message and bring up the next set of instructions.

For example:

• Continue
  • I understand
  • Next steps