Answered

Is there a way to send a channel message in Slack if a conversation is assigned to a particular inbox? and general Zap questions

• 10 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi! We have a "fire lane" inbox for critical issues, and to ensure it gets to the team even if they're off Intercom, we'd like to set up automation to ping a specific slack channel.

I'm just getting started with Zapier, hoping there was a solution available there, though it seems the available triggers are broad "new conversation" triggers, or "tag added" triggers, rather than being able to select a specific inbox or tag.

Similarly, it would be great to figure out how to use particular team inbox messages as triggers for other apps through Zapier.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Sam 10 June 2021, 19:18

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

Hi Erne! 👋 Thanks for using Interconnected to ask this question!

Great to hear you're getting started with Zapier. Intercom has a wealth of apps included in its very own app store! This includes a Slack one!

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 6.15.58 pmUsing Intercom's Slack app, I was able to put this together so that new conversations in my Marketing team will go straight to the Marketing Slack channel. Is the type of result you are looking for? 🤔

Thanks,

Sam

Perfect - thank you so much!