Answered

Webhook for a user resubscribing to receive emails

• 14 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We are using webhooks to fire events when a user unsubscribes from receiving emails. This is working fine, but we also want to fire events when a user re-subscribes. I can't see any documentation capturing a specific resubscribe event, but is it possible to capture this event using another webhook?

Edit:

If the above is not possible, is it possible to remove the 'resubscribe' link from the 'you have susccesfully unsubscribed from emails page'

Alternatively, can we redirect from the 'you have unsubscribed' page to our own URL, i.e. our own custom 'you have unsubscribed from our emails' page?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 16 June 2021, 16:22

View original

2 replies

Please answer @Sayam Kim​ - Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hey @iain w​ @sophie j​ - firstly, love both of your usernames! Secondly, I wouldn't recommend tagging members of our Support team in replies, as they don't regularly monitor the community. If you want to chat with our Support team, the best way to do that is through the Messenger 😄

We don't capture resubscribe events through webhooks in any way, shape or form, I'm afraid. That's a feature request for now, so I'm going to tag in our @Product Wishlist​ group here to record that.

Similarly, it's not possible to remove or redirect the resubscribe link.

The only possible solution I can think of is to leverage our API to recognise when the "unsubscribe_from_emails" parameter in the contact object updates from true to false, but I'm unsure as to if that would definitely work.