Answered

Why are the welcome message and prompts asking what the user needs help with only sometimes showing?

• 29 June 2021
  • 3 replies

When a user starts a new chat, we are seeing 2 different behaviors (for both logged in and logged out users):

1. User opens up a new chat and there is a blank chat screen where they can send a message
  2. User opens up a new chat & bot sends welcome message and displays buttons with different topics asking the user what they need help with. This includes a "something else" button.

We want #2 to occur for every new chat. What setting can we adjust to make this happen?

icon

Best answer by Danielle M11 1 July 2021, 17:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @danielle m11​, it sounds like, for Option #2, you have a Custom Bot set up for new inbound conversations. So that I can be certain of this, can you share with me screenshots of both behaviours, please?

Thank you @eric f11​ !! We ended up figuring out & needed to change the audience of our custom bot for new conversations

Userlevel 1

Fantastic! I suspected it might have been an issue with audience targeting, but I'm glad you were able to get it sorted 😄