Answered

Is there any way we can delete User Notes on Intercom?

Running Zapier from google drive to intercom to add information into user notes, however it will keep piling on instead of editing the existing notes, and it becomes a huge eyesore and can be very confusing to new staff. I have played around but can't find any way to remove a User Note. Any way around this?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 2 July 2021, 11:16

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @user691​, just to be sure, do you mean notes added in the user's profile, or in a conversation with the user?

Hi Eric! I mean notes added in the user's profile :)

Userlevel 1

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying! Currently, there's no way to delete these notes outright (a feature request for our @Product Wishlist​ group!)

However, you can click on them to edit the text and delete all of the text contained within them. An imperfect solution, I know!

Just wanted to comment the same thing happens for company notes.

I need to delete user notes too.

It doesn't work as it shows "Cannot save an empty note" :(

Hello - Theres been a suggestion to just delete the contents of the note, however that does not work. Is there any update on this as it was 6 Months ago.

Here is what our team does. It’s definitely not a nice solution though since it still takes up extra space… 

Deleting user notes SOUNDS like an easy to implement feature, though you can’t really guarantee that since we can’t see the back-end. The back-end code could be a tightly woven web that’s hard to work with.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I see this is popping up regularly, I wonder if in this case it’s better to use a custom attribute instead of User Notes when it’s something that is only temporarily needed and content will be updated again later? Is the custom attribute just not prominent enough and that’s why it’s not being used in this case?

I see this is popping up regularly, I wonder if in this case it’s better to use a custom attribute instead of User Notes when it’s something that is only temporarily needed and content will be updated again later? Is the custom attribute just not prominent enough and that’s why it’s not being used in this case?

In my screenshot, this was not a case where a temporary note was added.

It was an angry support agent leaving a few “bad notes” on the user that I’ve had to delete. 

In this case the notes cannot be removed, but it would’ve been nice to be able to do so.

This seems silly that this has been an open request for 2 years and you still can’t delete notes.