Answered

Set up a workplace for the agent. Can I do it for him/her

• 30 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi, party people. At the moment, I cannot find a way to set up the working station for the agent:

• inbox customization - setup views, teams, apps, and other stuff in the right panel "Conversation details"
  • push notifications

I can only provide the users of my Intercom workspace with the rights to customize it themselves and provide them with the instructions. This is not the best way to manage the team.

I would like to be able to set up everything for the agent (not just provide permissions for teammates as it works now). Is there a way to do that without the need of bothering the teammate?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 1 July 2021, 18:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @denis t​, I'm afraid that it's only possible to define permissions for other teammates, as you've pointed out. There's currently no way to define their Inbox setup or notifications in advance.

It'd be a seriously useful feature, though, so I'm going to record it in the @Product Wishlist​ group.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@denis t​ 100% wish this existed already but what I've found helpful is creating a Loom video to walk a new teammate through how to set their station up for themselves.

It's not ideal because it changes as time goes on but it is empowering for an agent to learn how to customize their environment because oftentimes people need to see things in different ways.

I'm hopeful this will become a feature where you can default it and then share a video on how to customize it to their needs.

Here's another idea, Intercom could use a version of Product Tours where an admin on your team could take a templated walkthrough of Intercom and customize it to point out how you use the tool internally. That could be interesting!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Both are great ideas, thank you. They are more about the instructions and education, and they could be used for this purpose. However, one of the great things about the possibility to control other users' workspace is that the admin can solve any issues of the agent on the go, as well as make sure that the workspace set correctly (agents can mess up things too, you know 😁 ).

After all, we have an option to allow the Intercom team to enter our workspace to help us. Why we cannot have the same feature internally within our team.

The feature is definitely a logical extension of what tools Intercom is using to help us. Hope to see it soon