Answered

Reply to incoming emails with the same mail ID

• 17 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey all,

I've just got our domain verified on Intercom and set up email forwarding from our support@, hello@ and billing@ email IDs.

The emails are landing in the Inbox exactly as they're supposed to; however, I'm unable to figure out a way to reply to an incoming email with the same email ID i.e. if I get an email on support@, how do I reply using support@ — these emails are verified on the dashboard?

Best,

Sourabh

icon

Best answer by Roy 18 June 2021, 01:20

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hello @sourabh c​ ,

In Intercom, it's not working that way, let me try to explain:

Once you reply to a conversation it's sending as firstname.lastname@workspace.intercom-mail.com or teammate Intercom e-mail address.

You can send outbound messages from Support@company.com or Billing@company.com, but when you replying to active conversation it's always sending via team member-associated e-mail address.

If you still want to display Support@company.com during conversation replies, the best workaround will be to add a team member with the following e-mail address.

More Information about this can be found here.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this topic, more than happy to provide help.

Best,

Roy

Hi @roy s11​ ,

for the consistency of the customer experience being able to send replies from custom addresses like support@ is crucial for us. Could you add it to your backlog as a new feature? This is a must have functionality.