Answered

Hubspot app sending conversations does not seem to work

• 22 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I've just set up the HubSpot app so it can send Intercom leads and conversations into our HubSpot account.

The leads are sent over perfectly. However, no conversations are being sent at all.

I've been following the documentation here: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/2128216-hubspot-app-send-leads-and-conversations-to-hubspot/p>

I've enabled this Intercom activity filter here as well:

But if I create a new conversation in Intercom, it is still not sent to HubSpot.

Any help with this would be massively appreciated!

Mike

icon

Best answer by Mike S12 27 June 2021, 18:06

View original

4 replies

Sorry my pasted image did not work, this is the activity filter that I enabled in HubSpot

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 12.35.22

Userlevel 1

Hey @mike jPF​, when you say "I create a new conversation", are you sending an outbound message, or is this a user-initiated conversation?

Hey @eric f11​ that's a very good question!

We realised shortly after posting our question why this was happening. I'll leave it below for anyone else it might be useful for.

There are two cases where conversations won't be sent.

1. If the conversation has originated from us (i.e. outbound message), then it does not get transferred until the user replies.

2. if a lead or user already exists in Intercom, but they do not exist in HubSpot (as we installed the integration after they were created in Intercom)... then even though we now have the integration installed, it will not send any new conversations over to HubSpot as the user does not exist there. The fix here is to export our users from Intercom to Hubspot.

Userlevel 1

Awesome, thanks so much for clarifying, @mike jPF​ (and for confirming my suspicion as to what might be going on here!)

Appreciate you sharing this for the benefit of the wider community 😄