Answered

Initiate Outbound chat from within a webpage, with passed parameters.

• 23 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

We have mentors who go over our clients (students) homework. I want them to be able to initiate chats with a student if they have a note about a specific homework task hey submitted.

(i.e. "your answer to question 13 is incomplete").

Mentors have users in our Intercom (they are team members), but I want the mentors to be able to launch the chat from the UI they use to check students homework rather than go into intercom look up the user and initiate a chat.

So I want them to be able to click a button next to a task they are checking, which will pop up either the messenger or any other way to send a message, where the user is already set (based on the email of the student I will pass to Intercom) and the task name/number included in the default text.

Is there a way to achieve this natively, via an integration or via API?

icon

Best answer by Roy 23 June 2021, 23:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @user1140​ , Let me try to help you here.

In your case, you should use Intercom Admin-initiated API to create conversations;

This will allow you to build some popup in your platform, rate students, and send them messages without even opening Intercom.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this topic, more than happy to help.

Best,

Roy

Badge +1

That. Is. Awesome. Thanks @roy s11​ !