Answered

Can you call something Live Chat if an answer takes 2 business days?

• 24 June 2021
  • 1 reply

• New Participant
  • 2 replies

I find it surprising that a company whose product is built around a live chat window, can take multiple days to reply. Messaging at the speed of snail mail can't really be counted as a chat.

For the price of your product please hire more customer support folk, you can afford it - they do a great job, but clearly they have too much to do if the response time is so poor.

icon

Best answer by Roy 24 June 2021, 22:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @jak​ ,

Let's start from the begging, Intercom is not just a live chat software it's a powerful business messenger. In my opinion, Intercom is the best solution in the market and they are combining: Customer Support; Engagement; Marketing tools in one solution.

Once companies (Intercom or any other one) start growing it's really hard to provide customers instant support, that's why business manager comes in. You can't treat every customer the same way, let's agree on this. If you are on an enterprise plan or higher one you are getting support much faster, but typically Intercom support reply time 2 business days. Once a support agent will be assigned to the conversation, you will get replies much faster.

Also, companies building communities and self-service portals to allow customers to help themselves, so I'm kindly asking you to provide your question here and I will try my best to help you resolve the issue.

Adding more and more support agents sometimes not solving problems, you should build self-service portals, communities, bots to make support automatic.