Answered

How to identify users who signup for the first time?

I want to set up a Post to send out to users who signup for the first time on my platform.

How do I set that filter on Intercom? Can someone help?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 25 June 2021, 18:24

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @sarita​! The easiest way to do this is with the filter Signed Up less than 1 day ago.

Thanks, Eric! I will try that out.

Screenshot 2021-06-28 at 4.50.15 PM@eric f11​ This is what I was thinking to use, First seen less than 1 day - I couldn't see some users when I used Signed up filter.

One more question is - Is there a filter to check last logged in?

Userlevel 1

I wouldn't recommend using First Seen, @sarita​, as this records the first time a customer ever visited your site, not the first time they signed up as a user. When you say "I couldn't see some users when I used Signed up filter", can you tell me a bit more about what happened here?

The Last Seen filter will show you when a customer last visited/logged in.

That's right, @eric f11​ ! First seen would show up all the users who even visits the site and who signed up.

In our case, the visits are not tracked on Intercom. The users will see the Intercom app, only when they sign up. So I guess it would work in our case.

When I used the "Signed up" filter, a few users had signed up on the platform less than a day ago, but I couldn't see them. I have set up a slack notification for myself to see whenever a new user is created on Intercom. That's how I know.

When I used "First time" it worked. It's odd! But I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for confirming on the "Last seen" filter. I used that. 😀

Userlevel 1

I wouldn't be too concerned if some users aren't showing up in the audience list when you apply the filters - I can guarantee that all users who match the criteria will still receive the message.

Got it, @eric f11​ ! I will use the Signed Up filter.

I had one more question, I want to send a message to users who log in after X days. Is there a way to do it?

@eric f11​  Anything here? If you can point me in the right direction, that will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 1

@sarita​ the easiest thing to do here would be to use the Last Seen filter for users who log in after x days.

For example, if you want to target users who have not logged in in 3 days, you could use the filter Last Seen more than 3 days ago. The users will qualify for the message and then receive it on their next login.

Got it! Thanks @eric f11​  I thought to use the same!