Answered

What is the difference between post delivered vs post opened?

• 13 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Since I am trying to measure the opening rate for the series I am settings up, I want to know the difference here.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Sam 13 July 2021, 18:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

@brent w​ I reckon you might be able to help Sarita out here - you're a frequent user of Outbound messages of different types!

Badge +1

Hi @sarita​ !

When a message has been delivered, it means the customer has received it, similar to an Email being sent to an Inbox. When a message has been opened, it means the customer has seen it.

So, which should you use in your measurement?

📬 Delivered Posts

You should use this to assess if a message has been delivered. This is useful to showcase how many users of your segment/series actually have been able to receive the message. 💡 It's useful to note that delivery also includes users who have opened your message.

📨 Opened Posts

These are customers who have opened and read your message. This is great for assessing the success of your campaign and how interested people are in your particular message. Depending on the type of post you sent (i.e. Badge/Snippet/Show the full message), you can expect this to differ greatly, with Show the full message having the highest open rate.

Hope this helps! 🙌

Badge +4

Looks like I got beaten to it by @user1030​ with a great response there 😀

Hi @user1030​ 

Thank you so much for such an elaborated response!

This makes it really clear to me now. I have set up a full message post. It made me wonder won't "delivered" and "opened" be the same but now I get, it doesn't.

This was helpful 😃

Badge +1

So happy to help! Have an awesome day!