Answered

Automated check in message on unresponsive conversations?

• 15 July 2021
  • 5 replies

We want to set up a rule to automatically close conversations when unresponsive, but would like to first send out some pester messages to the customer to confirm resolution. E.g. "Is there anything else we can help you with?" sending after X hours of unresponsive, then closing if still unresponsive. Would like to prevent teammates from doing this work manually. Is that an option?

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 21 July 2021, 11:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @sarah c12​ , Currently there is no option in Intercom to automatically reply to the customer conversation and then close it 😞

Β 

In the forum, there was an ongoing conversation about "Why would you want an auto-reply feature? (Question from an Intercom Product Manager)".

However there is no update yet, you can post your use case there.

Β 

In the meantime, I'm suggesting to use the following workaround:

- Make the following automation rule:

tagconversation- Then you can use any tools like Zapier or Automation.io to send customer replies once the following tag is added to the conversation.

Β 

If you need any help in building the following integration, just let me know okay? I can simply record a small video tutorial about this case.

Hi Roy! Thanks for the answer. I'll put my feedback there. With the integration, is there a connected app that you typically see folks use to connect Intercom to for generating these replies?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @sarah c12​ ,

Β 

With Automate.io you can build such Integration - https://automate.io/integration/intercom/p>

Β 

The trigger will be Unattended Conversation;

Action will be Send Message to User (Send a new message to a User, or reply to an existing conversation).

Β 

Should I create a small video tutorial for you about this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@sarah c12​ Roy has good suggestions above, IΒ just wanted to follow up with another suggestion that has worked well for our team and it's easy to setup. We use the Bump add-on from Userfeed to automate this at the time of reply. Just one extra step as you process the conversation.

​

It works quite well when you create template Bump replies to help you check back in with unresponsive people in a thoughtful way and you don't have to worry because if someone replies before that, Bump cancels the scheduled reply or you can cancel it any time.

​

One example is just 'Hey Firstname, just checking in do you still need help with this?'

​

​

I​ can set it for x hours or x days and have it send then auto close or snooze again and add multiple check ins before closing with different content.

​

Super useful to automate the followup at the moment after sending because you have a good idea of when you'd like to check in and it might be different for a variety of sscenarios which you can make templates for.

​

Here's a link where you can try it free for 15 days, it saved me from 66 snoozes the first week I used it or something like that, you'll probably see my review on their page... I used to hate getting stuck in snooze hell 😂... now I come back to grateful replies or closed cconversation!

https://bump.userfeed.io//p>

​

Hope this helps!​

​

P.S. - I have no affiliation with Bump, just want to save others from Snooze hell lol.

​

​

🙌 This is a great referral! Thank you! It sounds like a perfect solution.