Answered

Tagging users with a Series - audience does not comply with my rules.

Badge +1

I created a series with a "rules" element, where I have a "current page url" as a rule. But underneath I'm getting "126 users are in your audience right now" and a list, where a lot of the users have never visited that URL.

The wording is quite confusing: "If you set this Series live, they would enter it, as well as new people that start to match your rules."

I'm not sure if all the people would be thrown into the series and tagged, or if the audience shows ignores my rule, and only people who visit the URL I've mentioned will be tagged.

icon

Best answer by Roy 20 July 2021, 01:06

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hello @user1140​ , How are you doing?

Let me answer your today's question 😎

Actually, it's not tracking how many users were in that URL previously. If you add a page rule, once the defined user visits this page, they will enter your Series.

It's actually showing that based on audience filters, you are matching 126 Users, but they will enter once visited the following URL.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about this topic okay? Always happy to help.

Badge +1

Thanks @roy s11​ you're the best.

That's actually what I assumed but wasn't sure.

Not sure if you're part of the team, but if so my feedback would be that the micro-copy is kind of confusing on this, as well as other outbound elements (i.e. "this will be sent out immediately to *** users" for something that is only supposed to pop under certain condistions).

It creates a sense of "this is not what I want to happen" and it's scary with a list of users who are supposedly be affected (or not affected lol).

Anyway thanks again, now I can continue with my series.