Answered

How often does the Segments COUNT parameter update?

• 24 July 2021
  • 2 replies

My segments are primarily based on user behavior, like, first seen after z date and "has most recent event in past 7 days"

then I query the segments via the API with the count included, like so:

get("/segmentID?include_count=true")

but this gives me a non-real time count. It seems to be the count from the last browser session.

So, when I have a new user, I trigger my api call to grab this data and update my dashboards. but the API returns counts as if that new user has not registered. I have to open a browser window with all the segments to get the counts to update.

Is there a timer on which these counts update, or do I have to open a browser to get them to update, or am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 26 July 2021, 13:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @john g12​ 👋 people segments (i.e. segments defined by contact data) are updated on user ping (when a user logs in to your platform), a REST API update to the user, calling Intercom('boot') in the Javascript API (if this updates the user) or a CSV import. With that in mind, it's expected behaviour that an API call to return the segment will only show those users who've logged in and become members of the segment.

Thank you Eric!! Appreciate the response.