Answered

iOS SDK setDeviceToken method crash

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We are having the exact same issue as described by a user here: https://forum.intercom.com/s/question/0D52G00004hzX8fSAE/ios-sdk-setdevicetoken-method-crash/p>

Since this was 7 months ago, is there any update on this (other than the workaround to manually handle notifications)? Is this still a known issue that is being worked on?

We have just integrated the iOS SDK into our app and are having the exact same issue/crash come through for quite a few of our users. Again, we cannot reproduce ourselves manually.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 3 August 2021, 11:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @myles r​, our engineers are continuing to investigate and attempt to resolve this issue. I appreciate that it's been a while since the last community report but this is proving to be a quick a tricky one! For now, I would recommend using the workaround outlined in the other thread, which I will also link to here.

Hi @eric f11​, thanks for your reply. As I mentioned to your support team via chat/email I think it would be useful if you noted in the documentation that this issue exists and that the workaround may be required. We were receiving a significant number of crashes due to this issue and it could have been resolved much quicker (if not prevented) by a few simple lines in the documentation explaining that there is a known issue that is being worked on. Instead we were forced to release multiple bug fix releases whilst we attempted to figure out what the problem was. Cheers.

Hello, we also have the same issue.

If that's a known issue why not mentioning it in the documentation as @myles r​ is suggesting.

It's not serious at all for a company like Intercom.