Answered

Product Tours not saving Step actions properly. Just show up in the middle of the screen.

• 4 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi

I am having difficulty with creating my product tour. I have designed it with the 'pointer' feature that allows a message to pop up next to a part of my online platform. The majority of the time, once I save the steps and press 'save and close', when I go to run a preview, the steps just come up in the middle of the screen and not the way they should.

Any advice or solutions to this would be very helpful.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Brent 5 August 2021, 03:02

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi @theo b11​ there can be a number of things that cause this. Check out this article in the intercom help centre. it guides you through this exact issue and points to another article on how to fix CSS issues. See how you go with that and you may need to reach out directly to Intercom support if you still have issues.

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/2901130-track-and-resolve-your-product-tour-s-issues/p>

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sounds like the pointer you set while designing can't be found in the preview. In those cases (if it's not the first step) the pointer will show as a normal post. Check Brent's suggestions to see if they can help.