Answered

Have outbound post/chat/bot show up on a specific screen in the mobile app?

• 5 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I am trying to configure outbound messages to appear within my native iOS app, but I want them to only show up on specific screens (like home screen, for example). I know for the web you can specify a page/URL on which the message will appear, is there a similar functionality for mobile? Or if not then maybe there is some workaround?

Thanks a lot in advance!

icon

Best answer by Roy 6 August 2021, 21:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @olena m11​ , Welcome to Interconnect 🥳

Let me try to help you here, every app has unique app links.

You can define universal links to launch posts or in-app messages, more information can be found here.

Let me know if you have any other question about this topic, will be more than happy to provide help.

Have a nice weekend.

Best,

Roy

Thank you so much @roy s11​ for your answer!

Just to clarify, I am not looking for a way to open an app screen from the post or in-app message, instead what I am trying to achieve is have the post or in-app message only be displayed on a particular screen - I'm basically talking about "where" rule, but for the app, not the web.

So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that I can put the universal link in the URL field of "where" rule and it will work? Is that correct?

Thank you once again for your help!Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 11.25.36 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@olena m11​ ,

Q - So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that I can put the universal link in the URL field of "where" rule and it will work? Is that correct?

A - Exactly, If you put an app universal link that should work and trigger post / in-app message.

Best,

Roy

That's perfect, thanks @roy s11​ !