Answered

Looking for reporting help and API transformation

• 11 August 2021
  • 2 replies

We have begun exporting conversation data from the API to calculate our own metrics, and we're running into issues with calculating the metrics correctly. We need help transforming the data to run some great reporting in Looker.

Our data stack is: Intercom <> Hevo <> Snowflake <> Looker

For a few examples, here are some top reports we want to create: 

• Volume by
    • Tags
    • Conversation Data
    • Channel
    • Agent
  • Time
    • To first admin response
    • Between follow up replies

Please reach out if you are a consultant who can help or if you have recommendations on how to find an Intercom Data expert! Thank you!

KEYWORDS: Data, Snowflake, Looker, HELP, Consultant, API, Transformation

icon

Best answer by Colin L11 16 August 2021, 14:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

@colin l11​ I know you're particularly knowledgable about using Intercom data for analytics, do you think you might be able to help here?

@zach b​, is there a particular reason why you're looking to export this to Looker? Intercom has native functionality for the reports you've mentioned there.

Badge +1

I would agree with Eric here, I'm fairly sure all these reports are available within Intercom. So unless there is a clear business need to export and generate outside of Intercom, I would advise against doing this.

That said, if you 'had to' get the data out, you'll have some challenges as you'll need to pull every conversation in turn and extract the data as Intercom doesn't have a 'reporting' endpoint in the API. The middle ground would be using webhooks to catch new and updating conversations, but depending on your volume you could have a considerable amount of data flowing.

So, wrapping up, I'd ensure there is a clear business case for this as although it's not complicated from a data standpoint, it's a reasonably big effort for reports that largely already exist.