Answered

what is the Install URL?

• 12 August 2021
  • 8 replies

I have been stuck for a few months. what's wrong with my installation url?

icon

Best answer by Colin L11 12 August 2021, 22:03

View original

8 replies

this is my installation url

Dingtalk_20210812202607the installation url is "https://api.trackingmore.com/intercom/install.php" Can you help me see what's wrong?

this is the feedback from you

"Hi there! A couple further things to adjust and resubmit: 1. [Install URL] This redirects to Intercom's sign-in page. The Install URL should be the URL pointing to your external website/app, kicking off the OAuth 2.0 flow for installing your app via the App Store. https://developers.intercom.com/building-apps/docs/apps-in-messenger-configuring-your-app#section-providing-installation-urls | "

But my installation url is indeed kick off the oauth process. trigger your oauth page first

and the app below has same flow with me

Dingtalk_20210812202455When you click to install, you will be redirected to their link, and then an authorization box will pop up.

Badge +1

The install URL should kick off the OAuth flow with Intercom to get an access token, or it should bring the user to a page where they can start that process. I took a look at your URL and it seems to work, whats the issue you are experiencing?

intercom reply "1. [Install URL] This redirects to Intercom's sign-in page. The Install URL should be the URL pointing to your external website/app, kicking off the OAuth 2.0 flow for installing your app via the App Store." I can't figure it out anymore 😭

anyone there?

Badge +1

You need to explain the problem clearly. If Intercom is not approving your app, they should provide you with a reason. If I was to guess, it's because your install URL kicks off the OAuth flow immediately. I believe this is incorrect. If you provide an external install URL, it should bring the user to a web page that explains the app which they can then install the app from e.g. 'Install Now'

thank you. The intercom documentation is too difficult to understand. I will try as you said

I follow this guide.

Dingtalk_20210817121449 

and this is my code of install.php to kick off oauth flow :

Dingtalk_20210817121331and intercom replied " [Install URL] This redirects to Intercom's sign-in page. The Install URL should be the URL pointing to your external website/app, kicking off the OAuth 2.0 flow for installing your app via the App Store."

😂 what's wrong with my code?

😂 Can someone help me?