Answered

URGENT: How to send a specific email to a list of users?

• 12 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
  • Active User
  • 13 replies

Hello, I need to send a correction email to 1k users that got the wrong email.

I know that I can import a CSV but that's not ideal as those users might enter in some of the onbording live emails.

Is there a way of tagging a list of users other than importing them as new users?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Roy 12 August 2021, 20:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @mkt​ ,

The best way to do this is to create a new tag and tag users via CSV File.

Article from Intercom help center:

Can I update user data with a CSV import?

Yes. You can update values, and add new attributes for existing users. All CSV imports require you to have a column with user email addresses. A few things to note:

You can update the email of a user by sending the same user_id and different email address. We'll update the user with that user_id in Intercom to reflect the new email address.

You can't update the user_id by setting a new value for it and using the existing email address - that would create a new record.

If you use both user_id and email in Intercom, sending email in a CSV import is enough to match the user record in Intercom.

If you leave a field blank when updating existing columns, it will result in overwriting values to unknown .

More information can be found here.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this topic, more than happy to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Keep in mind this does not create new users just updates old ones.

Badge +1

Hey Roy! Thanks for your great answer. It helped a lot yesterday. I was able to tag those specific users without changing anything else. 🙏

Userlevel 1

@mkt​, I'm so happy that @roy s11​ was able to help you get your urgent issue resolved - he's such a godsend to our community!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@mkt​ , Anytime, always happy to help 😇

@eric f11​ , Thank you 🙏

I have a similar question. Perhaps you guys can help me 🙏 I want to do a similar action and import users.

There are 991 users of which 661 are already in our Intercom system. If I import those 991, many will replicate. So is there a way to avoid this?

Hi, also is it possible to import a CSV to tag Companies? (not just people)

Thanks!

(@roy s11​ @eric f11​ )